Cybersecurity Education and Research Center (CERC)
The Cybersecurity Education and Research Center (CERC) was created as an academic-public-private partnership in the Howard University School of Business to develop cybersecurity professionals, conduct research, and support outreach to underserved communities.
Cybersecurity continues to be is one of the fastest growing career fields with the opportunities.
3.5 million unfilled positions by 2021 (Cybersecurity Ventures Jobs Report).
18% year-to-year job growth (US Dept of Labor Statistics)
Potential Entry Income: 0-3 years: $62k - $93k (Computer Science Master Degrees)
Rewarding opportunities as a Cyber-Analyst, Application Security, Penetration Tester, Compliance Auditor
- Create a pipeline of diverse cybersecurity talent with the required business and technical skills.
- Deliver innovative inter-disciplinary cybersecurity research programs and thought leadership.
- Create partnerships and programs to support cybersecurity workforce development in underserved communities.
The HU Cyber Center is focused on four key areas:
- Research Leadership – working directly with partners to address cyber security challenges (Cyber Risk, AI, Health IT, and Data Analytics).
- Student Development – through the Cybersecurity Analyst Concentration, Certificate and Internship programs.
- Workforce Development – through extra-curricular hands-on workshops, certification programs, and industry partner engagements.
- Cyber Lab – Hands on training and collaboration center for cybersecurity skills development.
Meet the Team
The CERC is part of the HU School of Business under Dean Wilbon with the following staff:
- Director & Associate Dean – Dr. Rajni Goel (email@example.com)
- Program Manager – Robert Burke (Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, please contact us at CERC@howard.edu.