All students (except those with a major in International Business) are required to complete two semester courses of the same modern foreign language.
International Business majors are required to take at least four semester courses and reach fluency in the same modern foreign language. Credit towards reaching the foreign language requirement begins at Level 2. The following languages are recommended for the major’s regional sequences:
- Asia – Chinese, Japanese, Korean
- Emerging Nations – Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Europe – French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Latin America – Portuguese, Spanish
- Middle East & North Africa – Arabic, Farsi, French
- Sub-Saharan Africa – French, Portuguese, Swahili, Wolof