Center for Career Excellence
Center for Career Excellence
The mission of the Center for Career Excellence is to provide exceptional career development programming to students and coordinate recruitment events that will lead to student opportunities with career partners and employers. We strive to embody the core principles of "Excellence in Truth and Service" through our execution of services, effective management of corporate relations, and professional knowledge. The student's success is our priority!
In accordance with the School of Business and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), our career readiness competencies: include career & self-development, communication, critical thinking, equity & inclusion, leadership, professionalism, teamwork, and technology.
Professional Development Workshops
Resume and Cover Letter Reviews
To request an appointment with one of our career coaches, email us at HUSB-Career@howard.edu.
The first step in preparing for an amazing recruitment journey at Howard is to join Handshake. Handshake will enable you to search and apply for your next opportunity. Additionally, you will find company events and activities posted in Handshake. Click this link to join: https://howard.joinhandshake.com
For Handshake assistance view Getting Started with Handshake.
Once you set up your account, be sure to complete your profile and add your resume. If you want recruiters to be able to view your resume, you must make it public.
For Campus recruiting, we utilize Handshake, which is a free web-based system. Using Handshake students find possible career opportunities and employers find potential candidates.
In order to use Handshake, you must create your user account and request to recruit at Howard University.
- Click here to join Handshake: https://howard.joinhandshake.com
To learn more about our recruitment process, click the link below to download our HUSB Recruitment Guide.
If the recruitment is your goal, we recommend that you establish a relationship with students and cultivate that relationship through consistent engagement. Partnering with the School of Business is a great way to connect with students. The first step in creating a partnership with us is to attend one of our upcoming informational meetings that will detail the possibilities for engaging with us, including recruiting. You can learn more about our school, complete a form to be added to our database for engagement updates, and register for a meeting here: https://business.howard.edu/about/engaging-husb
We host one career fair in the Fall and one in the Spring. Due to limited capacity, only major corporate sponsors and career partners are invited to attend our fairs.
HUSB Career Partner Packages
The career partner packages are at capacity for the 2022-2023 academic year.
We have developed some exciting packages that will heighten brand visibility and increase engagement with students. You are encouraged to establish and cultivate relationships with our students to help achieve your recruitment goals. The prices below are valid for the full academic year. Please view our HUSB Recruitment Guide to learn more about the packages. Prices are subject to change and are non-refundable.
- Branding in the Center for Career Excellence (CCE), branding on the website, career fair registration waived, events considered for the CCE credit, jobs advertised in the weekly career bulletin, (1) jobs posted on the CCE social media platforms, resume book, student engagement opportunities
Chair’s Partner - $7,000.00
- Branding in the Center for Career Excellence (CCE), branding on the website, career fair registration waived, events considered for the CCE credit, jobs advertised in the weekly career bulletin, (2) jobs posted on the CCE social media platforms, priority job placement in the weekly career bulletin, resume book, (1) spotlight in the weekly career bulletin, (1) spotlight on social media platforms, student engagement opportunities
Dean’s Partner - $10,000.00
- Branding in the Center for Career Excellence (CCE), branding on the website, career development opportunities, career fair registration waived, company items displayed in the CCE suite, events considered for the CCE credit, first right of refusal to renew partnership for an additional year, invitation to engage with students in class, jobs advertised in the weekly career bulletin, (4) jobs posted on the CCE social media platforms, partner residency, priority job placement in the weekly career bulletin, resume book, (2) spotlights in the weekly career bulletin, (2) spotlights on social media platforms, student engagement opportunities
All costs are non-refundable under any circumstance. The company assumes the responsibility to access their benefits and understands the price will not be adjusted if benefits are forfeited. The Center for Career Excellence makes every attempt to ensure that your company and opportunities and promoted to students, however, we do not guarantee that you will reach a particular recruitment goal, and you accept and understand that results differ for each company. There is no guarantee as to the specific outcome or results you can expect from the partnership.
Meet the Team
Center for Career Excellence, School of Businesssia.roserobinson@Howard.edu
Director, Center for Career Excellence
Center for Career Excellence, School of Businesslatoya.turner@Howard.edu
Thank you to all our 2022-2023 career partners below!
Follow Us On....
For more information, please email HUSB-Career@howard.edu.
- Howard University School of Business (HUSB)
- 2600 6th Street NW, Suite 318
- Washington, DC 20059
- Our offices are located on the 3rd floor