Marketing | Undergraduate BBA
The Marketing Program, which offers a Bachelor of Business Administration degree, gives the student the breadth of exposure to and depth of immersion in Marketing needed to understand how for-profit and non-profit organizations need to operate successfully and be productive and efficient in a market-oriented economy.
The course-work offered:
- Are constantly updated to be current with where the best in the field of marketing is at any given point in time.
- Cover the broad scope of the field of marketing, including its major subspecialties.
- Go into considerable depth in each of these sub-specialties so as to thoroughly prepare our students to operate successfully in the field of marketing once they graduate from our programs.
View the program of study below based on the semester admitted to the University.
Anthony D. Wilbon, Ph.D., PMP
Dean, Howard University School of Business
The Department of Marketing will provide students with the capabilities, knowledge, skills and training that is necessary to excel in the theory and practice of marketing and thereby, to succeed in attaining and maintaining leadership roles in marketing and its sister disciplines. To fulfill this primary role, we seek to hire, develop and maintain a cadre of world-class, distinguished faculty, who through their fundamental, path-breaking and pioneering research, will constantly advance the breadth and depth of knowledge in the field of marketing. We envision that our faculty will not only educate and inspire our high-potential students to pursue, excellence in the field of marketing, but we also envision that this same faculty will lead the field of marketing, by serving as thought leaders, pioneers, trail-blazers, researchers and scholars, in the various sub-specialties of marketing in which state-of-the-art research is carried out in the field of marketing today.
Program Learning Goals
- Define marketing and discuss what it entails.
- Develop an understanding of important marketing terms and concepts.
- Identify the role and impact of the marketing mix variables.
- Appreciate and integrate the ethical and social dimensions of the market.
- Demonstrates proficient marketing research and management skills.
- Make basic marketing related decisions.
- Design a marketing plan for a business.