Q1. What is money being raised for?
- Scholarships for students attending the Howard University School of Business.
Q2. What should we expect at the event?
- A diverse group of Howard University Leadership, alumni, supporters who understand the importance and care about helping students via scholarship creation will be in attendance.
Q4. Which Course is the Golf Classic taking place?
- We will play both courses, North & South.
Q5. Which course did the PGA 2020 BMW Championship play?
- North Course. Courses will be decided on a first-come and first-serve basis.
Q6. How was the course chosen?
- The Howard University School of Business, Board of Visitors.
Q7. Covid 19? Given the pandemic and restrictions within the State of Illinois, will we be able to still play?
- Illinois is currently under phase 4 and golf has been permitted since June 26, 2020.
- OFCC is a very large facility, in excess of 640 acreage (1-mile) and can accommodate guest safely outside and meet all guidelines..
Q8. Due to Covid 19, what if the golf outing is cancelled A5. We do not expect golf outing to be cancelled unless its weather-related, e.g. lightning, or heavy rain
- If cancelled, we will refund the money but remember this is a charity event to raise money for scholarships and this should remain our top priority.
Q9. Is Howard University a Non-Profit?
- Yes, Howard University is a 501(c)3 and this is considered a charitable donation.
Q10. How do I pay?
- We will accept corporate checks made payable: Howard University School of Business, FBO Chicago Scholarship Golf Outing.
- We strongly encourage our participants to pay via online portal, check or ACH.
Q11. How many packages are there per course?
- There is a maximum of 30 Foursomes per course. Once we sell out of each package, “only” the next available package can be offered. Packages were created to maximum revenue to benefit scholarships and the overall success of the event.
Q12. Will there be festivities after the round of golf?
- Yes, there will be a cocktail hour followed by an Award ceremony, along with a silent auction. All events are scheduled to take place outside.
Q13. Will there be additional packages outside the player packages?
- Yes. Guest can attend via the non-golf packages that begin after the round of golf.
- Yes, there are non-player packages to support the golf outing, e.g. silent auction, attending cocktail, awards and silent auction, sponsoring holes.
Q14. Will Howard students and alumni be in attendance?
- We will be making every effort to invite current and prospective students.
- Our Howard National and Local alumni chapter will be in attendance.